Website Command IT Services
Professional IT Business Solutions
IT System Engineer and Programmer
Command IT Services is looking for a suitable professional, skilled and enthusiastic System Engineer & Programmer to join our Karratha team to provide support for our Pilbara customer base.
Responsible for ensuring the success of projects from conducting the required analysis to developing solutions. This would include preparing the design framework, performing the necessary configuration and do the follow up training and other activities to ensure the desired outcome for the organisation.
- Build good sincere relations with customers during onsite visits and in all other contacts.
- Take full ownership of assigned escalated service requests.
- Manage projects end to end including migrations, deployments or network upgrades.
- Investigate and coordinate resolution and recovery actions for assigned support incidents.
- Analysis and design of solutions to be built on one of the Company’s platforms, including but not limited to Dynamics 365.
- Development of interfaces with the Company’s platforms and testing of solutions
- Deliver technician internal and external training on the configured solutions
- Running of analysis workshops with customer personnel through “Train the Trainer” training.
- Install, move and change technology hardware, software and resources under guidance.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network issues using internal knowledge base, senior directions and guidance, vendor support articles.
- Supervision of other team members including peer reviews of work and mentoring staff
- Perform varied and wide ranging other related duties and tasks as required during working hours.
- Liaise with customers and update of ticket status.
- Provide a consistently high level of service to our customers in a prompt and pleasant manner.
- Maintain the highest ethical standards and confidentiality in dealing with our customers and each other.
- Development of customer self-help content and contributing to internal knowledge base articles
- Develop individual skills and knowledge that will better serve our customers.
- Analyse and resolve hardware and software problems in a service desk environment.
- Demonstrate highly accomplished interpersonal skills with a friendly customer service acumen.
- Complete a broad variety of IT Support tasks in a diverse business environment within an IT team environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must have deemed appropriate and capable knowledge in the following areas:
- Proficiency in SQL queries
- Proficiency in Microsoft Hyper-V platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Exchange platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 + Azure platforms
- Proficiency in Fortinet/Cisco + routing and networking
- Proficiency in Veeam/Storagecraft backup and disaster recovery methodology
- Configuring and troubleshooting Window Servers and workstations
- Configuring and troubleshooting internet and network equipment
- Configuring all windows software
- Understanding and troubleshooting IP, IP routing, routing protocols, debugging, other common network troubleshooting tool and methods
- Understanding how internet protocols work and routing
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Advanced analytical design and documentation skills
- Ability to install and administer computer, hardware and software.
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Judgement decision making skills
- Effective verbal, presentation and listening communications skills
- Effective written communications skills
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spread sheet, word-processing, and email.
- Time management skills
- Personal Attributes
The incumbent must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Effective communications skills, both written and verbal
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Demonstrate good work ethics
- Ability to work independently
(The nature of physical effort leading to physical fatigue)
The IT System Engineer and Programmer will have to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. They will have to do lifting of computer equipment, supplies and materials from time to time and operate electrical tools and related IT equipment.
(The nature of adverse environmental conditions affecting the incumbent)
The IT System Engineer and Programmer may have to be involved in a number of matters at any one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of clients. They may find the environment to be busy, noisy and will need excellent organizational and time skills to complete the required tasks.
(The nature of demands on the incumbent’s senses)
Sensory demands include use of the computer. The office may be noisy and busy making it challenging for the IT System Engineer and Programmer to concentrate and focus.
(Conditions that may lead to mental or emotional fatigue)
The IT System Engineer and Programmer operates in a sometimes demanding environment as clients may exhibit frustration, or require immediate responsive assistance services.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- 5 years technician experience in the field of software development or configuration of applications or related area.
- 5 years experience of strong direct customer service experience in MSP environment
- Demonstrated ability in developing database models and developing complex SQL series
- Demonstrated ability in powershell scripting to manage Windows Servers & Networks
- Proven experience of delivering a high degree of customer service and can effectively problem solve in an “out of the box” way including appropriate interpersonal skills to manage demanding or difficult customers appropriately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to work calmly under pressure, to meet tight deadlines and see tasks through the completion with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail as well as a high degree of accuracy in data entry
- The ability to ensure that customer requirements are recorded exactly as specified
- Possess high level of organisational skills, can manage their own time and tasks to completion
- “Can-do” attitude and leads by example
- Communicates effectively with team – provides clear information/instructions & listens to the team effectively
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and management regarding all aspects of customer service
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems within level of accountability
- Internal system inductions and hands-on training.
- Experience in an ITIL environment.
- Tertiary Education in IT or related discipline
- Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST)
- Microsoft Certified IT Server Administrator
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE Server)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MSCA Office 365)
- ITIL 4 Foundation
- Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ-103)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.